American Girl Doll Collector's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caroline Abbott: Reviews needed

Go down

Caroline Abbott: Reviews needed Empty Caroline Abbott: Reviews needed

Post by Beatrix Victoria Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:06 pm

Hello everyone. Welcome to the thread where you can read reviews of the Beforever Caroline Abbott doll and/or write them!  I will start with a review of my very own Caroline Abbott doll.  She is a beautiful doll, probably one of the most pretty American girl dolls I have ever seen, might I add. She has a perfect pale, creamy complexion, and her chubby cheeks blush a delicate rose.  Her  narrow, chiseled lips are a delicate peach/coral color, with an elegant, curved shape. She has a delicate, upturned celestial nose, which perfectly complements her round face. Her soulful eyes are so realistic, and are a beautiful sea-foam green color, like a cross between blue-grey, and aquamarine. She does have the decal styled eyes, giving them a stunning realism.  She comes in a light, flowing gown of rose-colored cotton. It is delightfully airy without being see through or thin. A sash around her waist is embroidered with a detailed pattern of rose blossoms and stems, and is edged with pink satin ribbon.  Hot pink ruffles adorn her neckline and three-quarters sleeves, and hot pink satin ribbon rings the hem of her dress.
   Now, let's get to the part many of you may be wondering about: Caroline's hair. Caroline's hair pours down her back like a waterfall of curled, spun gold.  It is smooth, silky, and shiny, although it can be quite difficult to manage. I had a lot of trouble perfecting my technique for styling her hair, but now that I have, it looks wonderful.  It is such a beautiful color, between golden-blonde and platinum-blonde. It hangs to her waist, and can be styled in a wide variety of hairstyles. I will later post some images of my Caroline.  
   I do, however, implicitly believe that this doll should not be purchased for a girl under the age of 11, and even at that, she must be mature. My godmother purchased this doll for her seven year old daughter, and her Caroline's hair is a tangled, frizzy mess. Be sure you or your child can handle caring for this doll before purchasing. Overall, I give Caroline an A-. She is beautiful in every way, but because of her hard-to-handle hair, I cannot recommend her for a younger child.
Thank you for checking out the thread.
Beatrix Victoria
Beatrix Victoria
Admin

https://agcollectorforum.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum